Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Logo Title

Enrollment/Withdrawal of Students

The following documents are necessary for student enrollment at MCHS:

  • Madison County Schools Student Enrollment form
  • Photo ID: a copy of parent/guardian photo ID will be placed in student cumulative folder
  • Birth Certificate: certified copy, not hospital certificate
  • Social Security Card: verification of card is required and the number is necessary to obtain KEES money and driver's license
  • Immunization Certificate: Proof of immunization MUST be presented on the day of enrollment to enroll the student in school. If exempt for medical or religious purposes, documentation, signed by a physician or licensed healthcare provider,  must be presented. For the protection of the physical well-being and safety of your child(ren), the Kentucky Department of Education has set up enrollment requirements for attending a public school. These regulations REQUIRE that all children MUST have a current immunization certificate (902 KAR 2:060; KRS 158.035; KRS 214.034; 704 KAR 004:020), a preventative healthcare exam, vision and dental exam (702 KAR 1:160) on file in the student's educational folder.  (If the student is in need of immunizations, contact their pediatrician, or the Madison County Health Department at 859-623-7312.
  • Physical: Students are required to have a current physical on file to participate in interscholastic athletics.
  • Transcript/Withdrawal grades from the previous school if enrolling from Home School - a list of courses taken and grades will be needed to determine class placement. Only grades from an accredited home school agency/curriculum will be accepted.
  • Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan: If applicable to the student, a copy of the IEP or 504 is needed upon enrollment to assure proper placement in classes.
  • If the student does not live with biological parents, court documents or notarized power of attorney form must be presented by the person acting as guardian for the student, along with picture ID
  • Foster Care Placement letter: if applicable, a copy of the Foster Care Agency placement letter is required to enroll the student

Student Withdrawal Process

  • Students must return all textbooks, library books, uniforms, and pay any overdue fees, if applicable.
  • A parent/guardian, with proper identification, can come to school and give notification of withdrawal of their student.
  • A withdrawal form will be printed and signed by the parent/guardian. This form will note where the student will be attending school and will be placed in the student's cumulative folder.
  • The student will not be officially withdrawn until a records request has been received from the new school. The student will continue to accrue absences until a request is received.

District Enrollment Information